Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Holy moly, it turns out I haven't posted since my piece about the loss of dad/grandpa/kind, fun-loving man with big hands. Lots of things have happened, but I guess they didn't inspire me to plant myself in front of this screen. Until now. Today's the day. The lady has a new "client."
She leaves me at home alone--or with the cats, which is sometimes worse than being alone, because, well, have if you've read my earlier posts, you know about those creatures. Anyway, I digress. The point is, she leaves me at home so she can go spend time with another dog. An older dog with shiny black fur and a jaunty walk. I hear she puts flowers in this other dog's hair and gives her cookies. Well, I'm sure anyone with an imagination can understand how I feel about this. She comes home smelling of this other--bad enough I have to share her with the cats, but now, it seems I'm also sharing her with other dogs. Oh, she has some serious making up to do, that Lady. Lady, if you're reading this, a nice bully stick to chew on while you're gone would take away a little of the hurt...as would a cookie hunt before you go...and don't forget to fill the Kong with peanut butter...and put the heating pad on my bed...and put the cats out...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear Amos! The Lady is a well of puppy love and has more than enough love to go around! - even for cats, which I assume is what you wanted to convey with the linked article about New Zealanders being encouraged to keep their feline friends indoors etc. And the silver lining is that the Lady doesn't put flowers in YOUR hair! But you really should make a pre-departure checklist for her...just to be helpful...

    ReplyDelete