Thursday, January 30, 2014

I've been thinking about vacations. It's cold and gray here right now. It can be beautiful too, but look at this bird. Doesn't he look like he's dreaming of summer to you? When the fishing is good, the sun comes out regularly, when his legs don't get trapped in ice if he stands and ponders for too long . . .

Seattle in winter is often a dank place--my elbows are a little more stiff during this season, and I have to seek out the warm tiles in the downstairs bathroom. And risk getting stepped on in the middle of the night when my people do a bathroom run.

The Lady and her friend rowed this morning, and she said a couple sailors invited them to cruise down to Mexico and then Argentina with them. She says those are warm places. Warm water to swim in. Warm sand to lie on. Fish tacos. I could do that. Next time she rows--tomorrow, I think--I'm going to see if I can climb aboard her single and receive an invite of my own. Wonder if I should do anything about my drooling or long toenails first . . .

2 comments:

  1. Middle of the night on the warm tiles probly is great opportunity to learn a few new Human vocabulary words - but not ones you could repeat at the bark park. I think if you promise to stay very still, you would be the perfect noble figurehead for their sleek craft. Sailors go for figureheads. Especially mermaids. But noble is good, too. Keep your hopes high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait to see Amos on the single with you...and you were worried about tipping over before?:)

    ReplyDelete