Monday, April 21, 2014

Yesterday someone tried to eat me alive. The Lady and the Girl and I were out for a walk to the park. Have I mentioned how much I like the park? So much green space, so many good smells--and water fountains! I love water fountains. Anyway, when we were walking past a particular house not far from ours, there was a lot of growling and crashing behind a tall wooden fence. Then all of sudden something flew over the top of the fence and came at me snarling and barking and biting my back legs.






The Lady kept trying to put herself between me and it, but it kept running at me from new angles, and I admit I don't move that fast and I'm a biggish target. The Lady was yelling like I've maybe never heard her yell, out in public anyway, and she shoved me back against a car and stood in front of me with her foot up and aimed right at the thing's head. I would not want to be on the receiving end of that kick, let me tell you. She was angry and scared, not a nice combination. That's when the owners of the thing came running out and grabbed it, all apologies and soft voices. As we walked away the thing got away from them and came after me again for a few more bites to my back legs--I admit I got a little snappy back, but who wouldn't? Then, after that, I didn't want to go to the park any more. So we went home, and I went to bed. Today the Lady says she will take me someplace nice. . . And also buy something called pepper spray to nail that monster should it decide to come after me again. . . I just hope she doesn't miss.

1 comment:

  1. What a good and formidable lady you have, Amos. I'm sure her adrenalin levels hit never-before-achieved highs. Love can make that happen. That mangy critter better watch out if ever sees you again - he's gonna taste some peppers seasoning!

    ReplyDelete